How to enjoy your Haydons Family Butcher Peppered Sirloin Roast!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centred in the thickest part of the roast, not resting in fat. Do not add water. Do not cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium-rare; 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminium foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.) Skim fat from drippings.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar to a boil in a small nonreactive saucepan. Cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Mix butter and flour in a small bowl until smooth; set aside. Add broth, reserved drippings and pepper to the saucepan. Gradually whisk in butter mixture until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Keep warm.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper